Wednesday’s Arsenal News Round-up – Arsenal Legend open to the club’s job in future - SportRivals

Advertise here

Friday 10 February 2017

Wednesday’s Arsenal News Round-up – Arsenal Legend open to the club’s job in future

Wednesday’s Arsenal News Round-up – Arsenal Legend open to the club’s job in future


Arsenal legend open to the Emirates Stadium return as club manager. Arsene Wenger’s decision over his future as the Gunners boss revealed.

5. Martin Keown: ‘Arsene Wenger has already decided to stay’ 

Former Arsenal defender Martin Keown has expressed his belief that Arsene Wenger has already made his mind up to stay at the club beyond the end of the season.
“The way that they are sort of losing their way now, the question comes again. Does Arsene Wenger remain in the seat? Do they look to make a change?,” Keown told BBC Radio 5 live.
“I just feel the way the club is so pragmatic in its decision making, I don’t see Arsene leaving. Whether he should or shouldn’t, I don’t think it will happen. He will decide when he leaves the club. I do feel that is the situation and I do feel he has earned the right. In the same way that Sir Alex Ferguson did at Manchester United, to choose when he goes.”
“I feel deep down he has already made his mind up to stay. It is just the timing of that announcement. Results like against Chelsea make that difficult for him to do. He doesn’t make spur of the moment decisions. He has to make the best decision for Arsenal and not just for himself.”

4. “Wenger’s style of play is madness” – Said Adam

Stoke City midfielder Charlie Adam has claimed Arsenal are too easily outfought and labelled their attacking style of play “madness”.
Arsene Wenger is once again coming under fire after Arsenal 3-1 defeat at Chelsea virtually left them behind the EPL title race.
“The thing for Arsenal, I think it’s the front six want to just go and win the game, and they let the four defenders defend, and that’s it, that’s how it becomes,” Adam told BBC Radio Five Live.
“If you can get the ball back and get up the pitch quick you’re straight into their back four, and that’s the problem they’ve got. It is madness.”


3. William Gallas expects Arsene Wenger “solution” at end of season

Former Arsenal defender William Gallas has suggested that the board should come to a “solution” with Arsene Wenger over the future of the club at the end of this season.
Wenger, who has been in charge of the Gunners for 20 years, will be out of his contract this summer.
Jose Mourinho, whom Gallas also played under at Chelsea, won seven league titles across Europe since Wenger last won one.
Gallas told talkSPORT: “You get criticism when you don’t win trophies, when you don’t win games, and that is maybe the difference between Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger. Mourinho wants to win every game and at the end of the season sometimes he has success. But for Arsene, Arsenal didn’t win from 2004 so everybody starts to criticise him because football has changed.”
“Maybe it is time to change something at the end of the season. We can’t forget what he did for the club. He did a very, very good job so sometimes you can’t sack the manager like this. You have to respect the manager. That is why I said at the end of the season maybe the board has to speak with Arsene and try to find a solution.”

2. ‘Love of football’ saw Welbeck through dark days at Arsenal

Welbeck and Gibbs
Danny Welbeck of Arsenal celebrates with Kieran Gibbs of Arsenal after scoring for his side
Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck admits his “love of football” helped to keep him going as he battled his way back from a second serious injury problem.
The England international has been in clinic with several injuries for long-time since 2015 after picking up a knock. But for now former Manchester United forward Welbeck is in his way back to full fitness.
Welbeck told the Arsenal Weekly podcast: “I think it’s just the love of football [that keeps you going].”
“However hard it may have been at the time experiencing what I experienced – it was hard being on the sidelines and watching on TV – it’s about the thrill of getting back out on the pitch.”

1. Thierry Henry open to Arsenal job in future

Thierry Henry has openly admitted that he wish to be Arsenal coach if they came a-knocking in the future. The Frenchman is currently the Belgium national team’s assistant coach alongside former Everton boss Roberto Martinez.
“I’m living my dream from day to day,” Henry told RMC.
“The first time I scored a goal, it was like ‘Oh, I scored a goal!’ I lived my dream. I will not say no [to coaching Arsenal one day]. If I say no, I would be lying. I have to respect that there are people who are in place there already. I have not done anything as a coach [yet].”
“What I feel for Arsenal is true and [I have felt it] for a long time. I’m not going to say it does not make me cold or hot. I think about it, but I’m far from it.”



No comments:

Post a Comment